Virus and Threat Protection Not Working on Windows 11
Security against threats and viruses is among the most essential elements of the Windows operating system. It’s not just about protecting your system from threats, but useful in downloading the most recent security updates offered by Microsoft. Given its importance has anyone ever wondered what would happen in the event that this section is unavailable? It’s quite easy to answer and you’ll be unable to secure your system from intruders. However, many users have complained about Virus and threat protection not working on Windows 11 issue. Is there a solution to this issue?
There is hope, and this article is all about it. In this post, we will discover a variety of efficient solutions to fix the problem. Therefore, with no further ADOs we’ll get going.
Reason of The Virus and Threat Protection not working on Windows 11
Before you can get into the solutions It is essential to identify the root of the issue. Therefore, when an issue like this occurs you’ll be aware of what to be looking for. But, here are some of the primary causes of the issue.
- Registry corruption, or system files
- Old version of Windows 11. Windows 11 version.
- Third-party security application.
- Infected system.
Once you’ve become aware of the various factors to blame Let’s look at the various ways to fix it.
How do I fix the Virus and Threat Protection Issues not working on Windows 11?
Here are a few workarounds you can attempt to resolve threat and virus protection that isn’t working for Windows 11.
Solution 1. Restart Your PC
Let’s begin with a simple solution, i.e. restarting your computer. It is likely that the issue you’re having is just an issue that is temporary, and you’re just one restart away from fixing it. Also, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved or it is not.
Solution 2. Download the most recent Windows Update
The second option is to attempt to download the latest Windows version on your PC. It could be that the developers are aware of the issue, and they’ve fixed it with the latest Windows 11 update. Therefore, ensure you’re running the latest Windows 11 version installed on your computer.
These are steps to follow in order to download the most recent Windows 11 version.
- Use the Windows + I shortcut key to open the settings menu of Your Windows 11 PC.
- Select”Windows Update “Windows Update” option present on the left side on the left.
- Select”Check for updates “Check for updates” to check if there’s an updates available or there isn’t.
Windows will automatically begin installing the updates. After the update is downloaded restart your PC to determine if the virus or threat protection is not working properly in Windows 11 problem.
Solution 3. Remove Any third-party anti-virus program
In the explanations above, a third-party anti-virus software can serve as a shield to protect against threats and viruses. In addition, with Windows 11, you don’t even require an antivirus software. The threat and virus protection will ensure your system is secure. Therefore, in order to resolve the issue, remove the antivirus program from a third party. These are steps to follow in order to do this.
- Go to Control Panel on Windows 11 PC.
- Select “Uninstall a program”.
- Here is the list of all software that is installed on your computer.
- Right-click on the antivirus program you’ve installed, then select “Uninstall”.
That’s it. Restart your computer and determine whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 4: Turn on Real-time Protection
Enabling real-time protection as well as uninstalling any antivirus program from third parties These two solutions are linked to a certain extent. If you’ve disabled real-time protection option, you may encounter threats and virus protection that isn’t functioning properly with Windows 11 problems. This option is also removed through Windows itself, there is a third-party antivirus programs installed on your computer.
But there are some actions you must take to turn on real-time security on Windows 11.
- Use the Windows key to open from the start menu.
- Within the Search Bar in the search bar, type Windows Security and press enter.
- Select”Virus and Threat Protection” to open the “Virus and threat protection” option.
- Select”Manage Settings” from the “Manage Settings” option present under your Virus and Threat security settings.
- The threat protection and virus settings for Microsoft Defender antivirus will pop up. In this case, ensure that the real-time protection option is on.
If this option is not enabled switch it on to fix the issue you’re currently experiencing in Windows 11. Windows 11 PC.
Solution 5: Repair App
Restoring your Windows Security app is another option to resolve the issue you’re which you’re currently confronting. Here are the steps you need to take to fix your Windows Security app on Windows 11.
- Click on Settings in Windows 11. Settings Menu Windows 11.
- Select”Apps” in the “Apps” option present in the left-hand side in the lower left corner of the display.
- Within the window for Apps, select Features and Apps.
- This section lists all apps that you can download on your device.
- Go to Windows Security. Windows Security app.
- Click onto the triangle on the right side of the option then select Advanced options.
- On the Advanced options window, scroll down , and select the repair option.
Then, you should wait some time to ensure that the process has completed. After that restart your PC to examine the issue. Repair procedure for any app which is showing any type of error upon launch in its working.
Solution 6: Reset Date and Time
This may sound strange It may sound like a surprise, but if your computer does not have the correct date and time, a variety of applications will malfunction, like Virus and Threat Protection. Make sure that your system is running at the right day and hour. Below are some steps to follow in order to change the system.
- Then, in the Windows 11 settings menu, choose the Time and Language option in the left-hand side on the left side of your screen.
- Choose “Date and Time”.
- The new window that appears, ensure that you’ve got selected the “Set time automatically” option is off.
- On the same screen select”Change” “Change” option present next to “Set the time and date manually”.
You must enter the date as well as the the time according to your local time zone, then click on the change button. After you have done that, verify whether the issue that you had to deal with is solved or it’s not.
Solution 7: Run SFC Scan
SFC scan, commonly called SFC Scan is one of the most effective methods to fix any issue that is related to an Windows operating system. This is why, here are the steps to take to make SFC scan into a working one on Windows 11.
- Open Command Prompt in the administrator mode.
- Then type in your code ” SFC /scannow” in the box you have provided. Press Enter.
It will take the system a couple of minutes to complete it’s SFC scan. It is looking for corrupted system files that are on your computer. If found it will repair it with the appropriate cached copy that is stored in the memory of your device.
Solution 8. Restart Security Center
Restarting the Security Center is like restarting the entire system, however there is a limitation. This time, you’ll start your Security Center of Windows 11 instead of the whole system. Here are the steps to follow to start the security center again on Windows 11.
- Then, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut key.
- Within the search box in the search bar, search for “services. MSC” and then press enter. This will take users to”msc” and press enter. This will open the Services window.
- From all the available services within your computer, search to find “Security Center”.
- After you have found it, right-click it and choose to restart.
Then, restart your computer to check if the threat and virus protection are not working properly in Windows 11 problem is solved or not. If the answer is yes, you’re safe to go. If, however, the issue persists, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 9: Modify Registry Settings
Modifying registry settings could be an effective approach to getting rid of the issue that has been causing you trouble. Here are the steps you must adhere to to finish the job completed.
- Start the Run dialog box, then in the search box type “regedit” and press enter.
- A window for the Registry Editor will open.
- Go to and click on “Image File Execution Options”. To make it easier for you here’s the direct way to it. Simply paste it into the section for path and then hit enter.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
- The folder that appears up, ensure that MSASCui.exe, MpCmdRun.exe, and MsMpEnd.exe None of these choices are available.
- If you find them, right-click on them and choose delete.
They are various virus that successfully entered your system. Therefore, it’s crucial to eliminate them as quickly as you can.
Solution 10: Turn on Windows Defender Manually
It is best to use this method If none of the alternatives above solutions worked for you. Because it involves editing your registry. If you make an error made on your side, the system may be in a state of complete instability. Make sure to read the following steps extremely carefully.
But there are procedures you must follow to activate Windows Defender manually.
- Open the Registry Editor on your computer.
- Navigate to your Windows Defender folder, by entering the path mentioned below within the address field.
- Right-click on the blank space , then select”New” & “DWORD (32-bit) amount.
- The file’s name is ” DisableAntiSpyware”.
- Right-click the newly created file, then select “Modify”.
- In the field data, enter 0 and press enter.
After you have completed the changes, reboot your computer. You’ll be amazed to discover that you’re not facing the issue of threats and viruses. working with Windows 11 problem.
This is the way to repair threat and virus protection that does not working on Windows 11 problem. Please let us know in the comments if the steps mentioned above worked or not. Also, you can share any other solution that can assist in this situation.
For more information and guide check our website’s, Windows Section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts.