Virus and Threat Protection Not Working on Windows 11
Virus and Threat Protection Not Working: Security against threats and viruses is among the most crucial features of the Windows operating system. It’s not just about safeguarding your system from threats, but additionally useful for download of the most current security updates released by Microsoft. In light of its significance has anyone ever wondered what happens in the event that this section is unavailable? It’s quite easy to answer and you’ll be unable to secure your system from intrusions. There are many users have complained about Virus or threat detection being ineffective on Windows 11 problems. What is the best solution to this issue?
It is a good thing that there are solutions and this article is all about it. We will look at a number of successful solutions to fix the issue. So, without additional ADOs we’ll get going.
Reason Behind Virus and Threat Protection Not Working on Windows 11
Before tackling the fix It is essential to identify the root of the issue. If an issue like this occurs you’ll be aware of the place to be looking for. But, here are some of the primary factors that cause the problem.
Also Read: How To Update Office 365 in Windows 11/10
- Registry corrupted, or system files
- Old version of Windows 11. Windows 11 version.
- Third-party security application.
- Infected system.
Now that you’re aware of the various factors to blame We’ll look into various solutions to overcome it.
How to Fix Virus and Threat Protection Not Working On Windows 11?
Here are some workarounds that you can use to get rid of threats and viruses protection issues in Windows 11.
Fix 1: Restart Your PC
Let’s start with a simple solution, i.e. restarting your computer. It is likely that the issue you’re experiencing is an intermittent issue and you’re just an unintentional restart away from resolving it. Therefore, reboot your computer and verify if your issue has been resolved or it’s not.
Fix 2: Download the Latest Windows Update
The second option is to attempt to download the most recent Windows version to your PC. It could be that the developers are aware of the issue and have addressed it with the latest Windows 11 update. Also, ensure that you’re running the latest Windows 11 version installed on your computer.
These are steps to follow in order to download the most recent Windows 11 version.
- Click the Windows + I shortcut key to open the settings menu of Your Windows 11 PC.
- Select”Windows Update” “Windows Update” option present on the left side at the bottom of the display.
- Select on the “Check for updates” to check if there’s an updates available or there isn’t.
Windows will automatically start download the upgrade. Once completed restart your computer and verify if the virus and threat protection is not working properly for you. Windows 11 problem.
Fix 3: Remove Any Third-party Antivirus Program
In the explanations that a third-party antivirus program could be a defense to protect against threats and viruses. In addition, with Windows 11, you don’t require a separate antivirus software. Security against threats and viruses will ensure your system is secure. To fix the issue, remove the third-party antivirus software. These are steps to follow.
Also Read: Fix: Dropbox Not Syncing on Windows 11
- Open Control Panel on Windows 11 PC.
- Simply click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Here is the list of all programs that are installed on your system.
- Right-click the third-party antivirus program you’ve installed, then select “Uninstall”.
That’s it. Restart your computer and see whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Fix 4: Enable Real-time Protection
By enabling real-time protection and deinstalling any third-party antivirus programs These two solutions are connected in many ways. If you’ve turned off real-time protection, you may encounter threats and virus protection that isn’t working with Windows 11 problems. This feature can also be removed through Windows itself, there is a third-party antivirus programs installed on your computer.
But there are some actions you must take to turn on real-time security on Windows 11.
- Hit the Windows key to open from the start menu.
- On the bar for searching in the search bar, type Windows Security and press enter.
- Choose”Virus and Threat Protection” to open the “Virus and threat protection” option.
- Select”Manage Settings” from the “Manage Settings” option present under your Virus and Threat security settings.
- The threat and virus settings for Microsoft Defender antivirus will show up. Make sure that the real-time protection feature is enabled.
If the option is off switch it on to resolve the issue you’re currently experiencing in the Windows 11 PC.
Fix 5: Repair App
Fixing Windows Security app Windows Security app is another option to solve the issue you are which you’re currently confronting. This is why, here are the steps you need to take to fix this issue. Windows Security app on Windows 11.
- Click on Settings in Windows 11.
- Select”Apps” option present in the left side on the left side of your screen.
- Within the window for Apps, select Features and Apps.
- This section lists all apps that you can download on your device.
- Open Windows Security. Windows Security app.
- Click at the 3 dots in front of the option and then choose Advanced options.
- Within the Advanced options window, scroll to the bottom and click on repair.
After that, sit for several minutes to ensure that the process has completed. When it’s done restart your computer and examine the issue. Repair procedure on any application that displays any kind of error upon launch in its operation.
Fix 6: Adjust Date and Time
This may sound strange It may sound like a surprise, but if your computer isn’t running the right date and time, a variety of programs will begin to fail, such as threat and virus protection. Make sure that your system is running at the right dates and times. Below are some steps to follow to alter the system.
- In the Windows 11 settings menu, choose the Time and Language option on the left side on the left side of your screen.
- Select “Date and Time”.
- When the new window appears, ensure that you are using selected the “Set time automatically” option is off.
- On the same screen you can click on”Change” “Change” option present next to “Set the time and date manually”.
You must enter the date as well as the the time according to your time zone . Then select change. Once you’ve done that, verify whether the issue that you had to deal with is solved or it’s not.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows 11 VPN Not Working?
Fix 7: Perform SFC Scan
SFC scanner, also called SFC Scan is one of the most effective solutions to solve any issue that is related to an Windows operating system. This is why, here are the steps to take to make SFC scan into a working one on Windows 11.
- Open Command Prompt in the administrator mode.
- Enter”SFC/scannow” in the space provided ” SFC /scannow” in the box that is provided. Press enter.
It will take the system a few minutes to complete this SFC scan. It is looking for damaged system files on your computer. If it finds any it will replace them with the cached copy that is stored in the memory of your device.
Fix 8: Restart Security Center
Restarting the Security Center is like restarting the entire system, however there is a caveat. This time, you’ll start your Security Center of Windows 11 instead of the whole system. Here are the steps to follow to start the security center again on Windows 11.
- Start the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut key.
- Within the search box In the search bar, enter “services. Msc” and hit enter. This will take into”msc”, and then press Enter. You will be taken to the Services window.
- From the various services that are that are available on your system, search for “Security Center”.
- If you find it, right-click it and choose to restart.
Then, restart your computer and verify whether the threat and virus protection are not working in Windows 11 problem is solved or not. If the answer is yes, you’re in good shape. However, if the issue persists, you should move to the next method of solving the issue.
Fix 9: Change Registry Settings
Modifying registry settings could be an effective approach to getting rid of the issue that is causing you stress. This is why we have the steps you must take to complete the task accomplished.
- Start the Run dialog box, then in the search box type “regedit” and press enter.
- It will appear as a window in the registry editor. appear.
- Go to your “Image File Execution Options”. To make it easier for you here’s the direct way to it. Simply paste it into the section for path and then hit enter.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
- If the folder pops up, ensure that MSASCui.exe, MpCmdRun.exe, and MsMpEnd.exe none of these are available.
- If they are found, right-click them and choose to delete.
There are a variety of virus that been able to get into your system. Therefore, it’s crucial to eliminate them as quickly as you can.
Fix 10: Enable Windows Defender Manually
It is best to use this solution in the event that none of the options above methods worked for you. Because it involves changing the registry. If there’s one small error on your side, your system could be completely unstable. Make sure to read the following steps extremely carefully.
However you must follow these procedures you must follow to allow Windows Defender manually.
- Open the Registry Editor on your computer.
- Go to your Windows Defender folder, by entering the path below within the address field.
- Right-click on the blank space , then select”New” > “DWORD (32-bit) amount.
- Make sure to name the folder ” DisableAntiSpyware”.
- Right-click on the newly-created file, then select “Modify”.
- In the field data, you type in 0 and hit enter.
After you have completed the modifications, you can restart your computer. You’ll be amazed to discover that you’re no longer battling the threats or viruses. working with Windows 11 problem.
This was the solution to repair threat protection and virus not working with Windows 11 problem. Please let us know in the comments below if these steps worked or not. We would also appreciate any other solutions that could aid in solving the problem. For more information and guide check our website’s, Windows Section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts.