How to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone
Have you just bought your new iPhone or do you want to switch from Android to iPhone? So, here we are sharing 3 methods of How to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone. Let me first tell you iOS doesn’t support Google Drive.
WhatsApp has become an integral and important part of our lives in the year 2021 as it allows us to communicate with our friends and families. Recently we saw that iOS has been upgraded to iOS 12 with some new features. Hence, some Android users want to switch to a new iPhone.
So, when switching to a new iPhone, the most important thing is to transfer your WhatsApp data and chats to a new phone. Some peoples have a question in mind while switching from Android to iPhone is How to transfer Whatsapp from Android to iPhone ?.
As we know Android is an operating system and iPhone is a smartphone device that runs on iOS. Because of these two different operating systems, there is no official or direct way for users to transfer WhatsApp messages/chat between Android and iPhone. In that case, we have to use some Whatsapp transfer tools.
Here are the three different ways which may help you to transfer Whatsapp chat from Android to iPhone. Keep reading the full article and find your easy way. This article is sourced by imobie.com you can also visit their website.
Using AnyTrans to Transfer from Android to iPhone
As we mentioned, it’s tough to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone. However, Apple’s Move to iOS app does not allow you to transfer WhatsApp data to your iPhone from an Android device. We need to consider some WhatsApp transfer Tool like AnyTrans to end the work. Here is how.
AnyTrans may be a professional transfer and backup tool, which allows you to transfer WhatsApp messages from an Android phone to an iPhone with ease.
So once you got a brand new iPhone, it’s recommended by our users and proves to be quite labor-saving and time-saving to maneuver WhatsApp from an old Android/iPhone to a brand new iPhone (iPhone 12 series supported). You need to follow the steps below to experience this easy function:
Step 1. Download AnyTrans on your PC > Connect your Android and iPhone to the pc via USB cables > Click on the “Social Messages Manager” mode.
Step 2. Click on WhatsApp to Device > Then tap on the “Transfer Now” to continue .
Step 3. In source phone select Android and select iPhone as a target phone > Click on the “Next” button to transfer WhatsApp messages to your new iPhone.
Step 4. Then follow the pop-up instructions in AnyTrans to continue: Backup your WhatsApp on your Android > Install the enhanced version WhatsApp on your Android > Allow access to the Phone Storage in WhatsApp.
Step 5. Now Log in your WhatsApp on your Android and Tap the Restore button (this will restore the backup you just made to the current enhanced version of WhatsApp) > Then click Next in AnyTrans.
Step 6. Now AnyTrans will start to transfer WhatsApp data backup to your iPhone.
Download the AnyTrans app in your PC to transfer whatsapp data
Using Email to Transfer the Whatsapp data from Android to iPhone
In this method you don’t need PC. WhatsApp also provides the Email option to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. In this method, your entire chat history is sent to your iPhone, but it won’t directly move the WhatsApp chats to your iPhone’s WhatsApp.
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using Email:
Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Chats” settings.
- Tap on the “Chat History” option to get to the chat history screen.
- Tap on “Export chat” to export WhatsApp chats.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to choose a contact whose chat history you want to export.
- Select a contact and then choose Email (or Gmail, if you use it) to transfer the entire chat history to an email address.
- Open the inbox of the email account you sent your chat history to your iPhone.
- You will be able to view your WhatsApp data on your iPhone.
Also Read: How to set up new iPhone Mobile
Using Whatsapp Backup method
As mentioned above, there is no official way to transferring WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS. Why? This is because Android uses Google Drive to store the WhatsApp backups, but WhatsApp backups on an iPhone are stored in iCloud. This makes it impossible to transfer across the platforms. So we have to rely on third-party apps like AnyTrans.
If you want to Transfer WhatsApp Chats between the same Android or iOS systems, here are steps you can try:
Below are the steps to transfer WhatsApp chats with WhatsApp Backup on Android:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Go to Setting, tap on “Chats”.
- Choose “Chat backup” to backup WhatsApp messages on your Android phone.
- WhatsApp chats will be backed up to Google Drive.
- Install WhatsApp on your new Android phone.
- Open WhatsApp and log in with the same WhatsApp account.
- Tap Continue will allow WhatsApp to access your Google Drive backup.
- Choose the WhatsApp backup you need.
- Click “Restore”.
Here are steps on transfer WhatsApp chats with WhatsApp Backup on iPhone:
- On your old iPhone, open WhatsApp.
- Go to “Settings” and tap “Chat Settings”.
- Tap “Chat Backup” and tap “Back Up Now”.
- On your new iPhone, install and open WhatsApp.
- Log in to the same account.
- When you see the “Restore Chat History” option, tap on it to restore your WhatsApp chats.
Note: If you find any wrong information in specs and price, kindly inform us in the comment box.
113 total views, 1 views today