How to Fix State of Decay 2 Keeps Crashing – 2021 Tips (100% work)
Fix State of Decay 2 Keeps Crashing
The Undead Labs has developed the State of Decay 2, an open-world zombie survival game published by Microsoft Studios. It’s a sequel to the 2013’s State of Decay game and released on May 22, 2018. The game is available for the Xbox One and Windows platforms. Now, talking about the game experience, some players report to the Undead Labs support team that the State of Decay 2 Keeps Crashing. In that case, if you are facing the same problem, then check out how to fix State of Decay 2 game crashes.
Try these methods to Fix State of Decay 2 Keeps Crashing
You don’t need to try them all; read the full article until you find the one that best works for you.
Method 1: Check your Application
To work correctly on a Windows 10 PC, State of Decay 2 required three supporting apps: Xbox, Xbox Game Bar, Xbox Live.
Please uninstall, If you have the Xbox Console Companion installed on your PC. To do so:
- Press together the Windows logo key button and X on your keyboard to open the Quick Link menu. Then select Apps and Features.
- Under the Apps & features, click Xbox Console Companion and choose Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again.
And then, restart your PC and see if that helps you.
If State of Decay 2 still crashes on your PC, go ahead with the following fix below.
Method 2: Check antivirus settings
Your antivirus software may block the regular operation of State of Decay 2, and it causes the game to keep crashing. Ensure that the State of Decay 2 works correctly; you should add it as an exception to your antivirus software. It will vary depending on the antivirus software you are using.
Check if the game crashes after you add it as an exception to your antivirus software. If it exists, move to the following method.
Method 3: Graphics driver updates.
If you use an outdated or faulty graphics driver, you will possibly face this crashing issue in State of Decay 2. You have to install the latest graphics driver on your computer, To fix the potential problems and ensure the game functions properly.
Another way is to visit the manufacturer’s web page or website (NVIDIA, AMD, Intel) and search for your model no., now download and install the latest version of the graphics driver manually. But if you do not have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually update the driver, then do it automatically with Driver Easy.
It can recognize your system and find the correct drivers automatically for your current graphics card and your Windows version, and also it will download and install them properly:
- Download and install the Driver Easy.
- Now Run Driver Easy and click on Scan Now button. It can scan your computer and find any problem drivers.
- Click on the Update All to automatically download and install the latest version of all the drivers that are missing or out dates in your system.
- (This requires the Pro version – you will be prompted to upgrade when you click on Update All. If you do not want to purchase the Pro version, you can still download and install all the drivers you wanted with the free version; you can download them one at a time and manually install them, the usual Windows way.)
The Pro version of Driver Easy will give full access and comes with full technical support. If you need guidance or help, please contact Driver Easy’s support team at email@example.com.
Once you update your graphics driver, restart your PC and check if State of Decay 2 is working correctly.
If updating your graphics driver fails to fix the crash, then continue to the following method.
Method 4: Install all the Windows updates.
By updating your system windows, you will get the latest fixes and security improvements, which will be helpful for your device to run smoothly and fix the game crashing issue. If you do not remember the last time you updated your systems windows, you should give it a shot. Check Below:
- On your keyboard, open the Windows Settings by press the Windows logo key and I at the same time.
- Click on Updates & Security.
- Under the Windows Update, click on the Check for updates. Windows will recognize the system automatically then download and install the available updates.
Once you have installed all the updates, restart your PC and launch State of Decay 2 to see if the crashing issue still remains.
If this method does not help, check another solution.
Method 5: Reset the State of Decay 2 (State of Decay 2 Keeps Crashing)
With Windows 10, you can reset an app’s data without uninstalling and reinstalling the app. It will restore an app to its default settings. So, before trying anything more complicated, you can reset State of Decay 2 to see if it can fix the crashing issue. Check below:
- On your keyboard, open the Quick Link menu by press the Windows logo key and X together. Then select Apps and Features.
- Under Apps & features, click State of Decay 2, then click Advanced options.
- Scroll down the page, then click Reset.
- Click Reset to confirm again.
- Once you complete the process, then restart your PC.
Note: If you find any wrong information in specs and price, kindly inform us in the comment box.