How to Fix Skype Video Not Working on Windows 11
Don’t worry.. If Skype Video Not Working on Windows 11
After the Pandemic of the coronavirus, Online video calling technology is diverse, and many users are struggling to find the best option for Video calling. However, in this post, we discussed about Skype. It is a messaging and video conferencing software system by Microsoft that can help you conduct virtual meetings sitting in your home. But, many users found an issue with Skype software in Windows 11, so they are asking How to Fix Skype Video Not Working on Windows 11. Thus, they have to face many problems; that’s why we are here to help you guys fix if the Skype Video is not working.
How To Fix Skype Video Not Working on Windows 11
Skype is one of the best video calling and meeting platforms. So, when this app is not working, it affects many businesses because almost every industry runs from our home. That’s why this needs to be fixed, so let’s get start the process:
Fix 1: Check the Webcam is Configured Correctly
A good configuration is very important. So, it is very vital to check if the Webcam is configured correctly on your Windows 11 PC. Therefore, let’s take a look at the guidelines:
- Firstly, open the Skype app and select Tools. Then, click on the Options.
- After that, tap on the Video Settings to open the webcam configuration. However, in case you get a message that Skype couldn’t find a webcam, then this means that Skype fails to recognize your camera. If that is the case, you can re-launch the webcam software and check if the camera is On. Then, easily rerun the Skype app.
- Then, again open the Skype app and select Tools. Then, click on the Options.
- Now, if the video images look very dark or faded, make sure to select Webcam Settings.
- After that, go to the Camera Control tab from the Video Capture Filter Properties screen.
- Then, select the Low Light Compensation option and hit the Apply button followed by Ok.
Fix 2: Update Your Webcam Drivers
There are possibilities that your webcam driver may get outdated; that’s why you are getting this error. So, make sure to update your webcam driver:
- Initially, hit the Win+X key altogether and open the Device Manager.
- After that, navigate to the Imaging Devices and right-click on the Webcam.
- Then, choose the Update Driver Software option from the extended menu.
- After that, tap on the Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software (You can also select the Uninstall option and reboot your device. The driver will again be installed automatically).
Fix 3: Run the Device Troubleshooter
Did you run the Windows 11 troubleshooter? Well, if not, then you need to run it as it has the potential to fix if your Skype video is not working on your Windows 11 PC:
- Firstly, search for the troubleshooter on your Windows 11 search bar.
- After that, navigate to the Hardware and Sound and select the Hardware and Devices.
- Then, hit the Next button. This will scan your device, and if there is any issue that occurs on your Webcam, it will pop-ups and fix automatically.
- Finally, reboot your system and check if Skype again started working or not.
Fix 4: Check if Your Webcam is Skype Compatible
There’s a possible change that your Webcam may not be compatible with the Skype version. So, first of all, here you need to check if the webcam software is compatible with Skype’s latest version or not.
Also, it is possible that the Skype app may have the latest version available. So, you can make sure to update it and see if it is now compatible with the Webcam or not.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Sway Not Working Issue on Windows 11 PC
Fix 5: Reinstall The Skype
Regrettably, if none of the fixes in this guide helped you, don’t be sad as you still have one way to fix this issue. You can reinstall the Skype application on your Windows 11 PC, and many users are there who find this helpful.
So, that’s how to fix if the Skype video is not working on your Windows 11 PC. We hope this instruction will help you. However, if there is any suggestion for our next topic, let us know in the comment section.
Note: If you find any wrong information in specs and price, kindly inform us in the comment box.
Stay tuned for more information about How to fix Skype Video Not Working on Windows 11. Please don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts.