How to fix Msxml4.dll not found or missing errors
Fix Msxml4.dll missing: This API native to Win32 allows developers build high-performance applications based upon XML 1.0 with Microsoft XML Core Services. MSXML offers APIs that allow you to access XML documents via application programming interfaces, in addition to the Document Object model (DOM) services.
Unfortunately, some Windows users experience Msxml4.dll error messages after installing the latest patch. Msxml4.dll may not work properly for a variety of reasons. One reason is when msxml4 has been deleted or corrupted.
Msxml4.dll errors can be caused by registry problems, virus infection, malware attacks or hardware failure. There are solutions to this problem. If you’re experiencing Msxml4.dll missing or not found errors, please see the solutions below.
Also Read: How to disable Tamper Protection on Windows 11
What’s is Msxml4.dll?
MSXML4.dll typically contains many procedures and driver functions that may be used by the Windows operating system. It was developed by Microsoft and is part of the dynamic link library file (DLL). MSXML 4.0 SP 1 can be associated with the MSXML4.dll, also known under MSXML4.dll.
This component is essential for Windows programs to work properly. If msxml4.dll goes missing, it is possible for an associated program’s performance to be affected.
Why is Msxml4.dll not found or missing occur?
Missing errors can be caused by MSXML4.dll missing or other factors. These errors can also be caused by incorrectly configured Windows registry files, malicious software, or faulty applications. If the file msxml4.dll has been damaged or incorrectly installed, it is possible to receive error messages.
Fix: Msxml4.dll Missing Errors
You can fix the missing msxml4.dll error using either manual or automated methods. The first requires that you download and place the file msxml4.dll into the application or game’s installation folder. The second allows you to solve the problem automatically.
Fix 1: Download Msxml4.dll
To fix the Msxml4.dll error, first download the correct Msxml4.dll version. Select the file you want to download and then click the Download button in the below list of msxml4.dll version options. If you’re unsure of which version to use, the automatic solution will resolve the problem.
2: Update Drivers to Restore.dll Files
Windows device drivers can be downloaded using Windows Update Center and specialized utilities. They can then be installed on network adapters, printers, monitors, etc.
Also Read: How to Fix Skype Video Not Working on Windows 11
- In the Taskbar’s search field, type Device Manager. Then, select Device Manager.
- Right-click on the device that you wish to update from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Update Driver option from the menu.
- The option to automatically search for the latest driver software can be selected.
- Windows may not be able to locate the driver. If this happens, the manufacturer’s website will display the driver and give all the instructions.
Fix 3 – Scan Your Computer for Malware
Malware can cause msxml4.dll errors on your computer. Malicious software can corrupt DLL files to replace them with malicious ones. Malicious software can corrupt DLL files to replace them with their own malicious ones. Therefore, it is important to scan your computer for malware as quickly as possible and get rid of it as soon as you can.
When Windows 10 has an anti-virus program called Windows Defender, it is very difficult to remove malware from a running system. Click on Update and Security, then choose Windows Defender in the Updates and Security section.
- Click the Gear icon at the Start screen, or press the Win key. Alternately, you can press Win + I.
- Select Windows Defender from the Security Menu.
- The checkbox Windows Defender Offline scan will be found in the Windows Defender settings. Click the “Scan Now” button to start it. Before you reboot your computer, it is crucial to back up all data.
After clicking the “Scan Now” button, your computer will automatically restart and begin scanning for malware and viruses. The computer will restart once the scan is complete. You will receive a report in your notifications.
Fix 4: Run SFC Scan
SFC and Scannow are system file integrity command that check and fix protected Windows system files. To execute this command, it is best to use the command prompt as administrator.
- Open the CMD with admin rights.
- Next, type the following command: SFC / scannow
After you have entered the command, the System will verify it. While this process is underway, we appreciate your patience. After the operation is completed, you will receive a message from Windows Resource Protection stating that Windows Resource Protection detected corrupt files and has repaired them.
Important to note that the System File Checker, (SFC), cannot correct integrity issues in system files currently being used by the Operating System. These files must be fixed by running the SFC command from the Windows recovery environment’s prompt. Click Shutdown, select Restart and hold down the Shift key while you are logged in to Windows Recovery Environment.
Fix 5: Perform System Restore
System Restore is a great tool to fix errors caused by msxml4.dll. System Restore can be used to restore Windows to a previous date when the msxml4.dll files were not damaged. System changes will be canceled if Windows is restored to an earlier date. System Restore can be used to roll back Windows or fix msxml4.dll issues.
Also Read: How to Fix Microsoft Sway Not Working on Windows 11
- To open the Run dialog box, press Win + R.
- Next, type rstrui into the Run text box. Hit Enter. Once this is complete, you will be able access the system recovery utility.
- Choose a different restore point in the System Restore window. This option will take to you to the next step. A complete list of dates can be viewed by clicking the Show More restore points checkbox.
- Select a date to restore Windows. You must choose a date to restore Windows to before the msxml4.dll error occurred.
- Click the Next button to confirm your restore point. Then click Finish.
This is how to fix Msxml4.dll missing or not found errors. We hope you found this guide helpful. If you have any questions, please comment below. For more information and guide check our website’s, Windows Section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts.