How to Fix CSGO Crashes When Changing Video Settings, Resolution, or Loading Maps
Valve Corporation and Hidden Path Entertainment launched Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS Global Offensive) at the end of 2012, a first-person shooter and multiplayer video game that falls in the Counter-Strike lineup. While the game is well-liked and has received favorable review in Steam on PC, a lot of players are having CSGO crashes after changing the game’s video settings, resolution of the display or loading maps suddenly.
In a brief glance over the r/GlobalOffensive subreddit as well as the SteamCommunity forum there is evidence that several players are having the same issue when playing CSGO as they attempt to start it. According to various sources, CSGO is working fine using the 16:9 aspect ratio resolution of the PC. However, some players are trying to change their resolution from 4:3 in 16:9 and, unfortunately, are facing the same problem. Some players have tried to delete the config folder, too.
Fix: CSGO Crashes When Changing Video Settings, Resolution, or Loading Maps
There are some possible solutions to help you help. Follow all steps of troubleshooting one at a time until the issue is resolved. Before diving into the tutorial, it’s advised to make sure you have a PC specification that is compatible with the requirements for this CSGO game. It is recommended that you have at minimum 4 GB of RAM as well as an entry-level GPU installed on your PC by the year 2022 and later.
1. Run CSGO as Administrator
The first step is to ensure that you should launch your CS: GO game executable application as an administrator on your PC using the instructions below to ensure that the game runs using the UAC (User Account Control) privilege. In some cases, running the application without administrator access to the system can result in crashes or not be able to launch the game. To do so:
- Go to games directory that is on your PC.
- Just right-click the CSGO.exe application file on your computer.
- Select the Properties & click for the Compatibility tab.
- Simply click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to turn it on.
- After you’ve done that, click Apply after that, click Click OK to save your changes.
- Finally, play the game and look for any issues.
If you’re still experiencing problems with your startup or game doesn’t launch, ensure that you follow the identical procedures for Steam launcher as well.
2. Update CS: GO
It is likely that you’re running an obsolete version of the game patch on your PC that eventually leads to the game’s crash. A patch for your game that’s not current could be a source of instability or bugs that could cause you to suffer quite a bit. You can therefore follow these steps to check manually for the update to your game.
- Start Steam client, then > Go to the library.
- Click on the CS Click on CS from the list . It’ll search for the latest update.
- If an update is available, select the Update option.
- You’ll need to wait a few minutes till the update is complete.
- After you have completed this, restart your PC and try looking for CSGO crash when you change video Settings Resolution or loading Maps.
3. Update Graphics Drivers
Try to update the graphics driver of your computer by following these steps to ensure there’s any issue related to the old or unreliable graphics driver. If your computer has an old GPU driver, be sure to update it.
Also Read: How to Earn Money Quickly in Phasmophobia
- Right-click on the Start Menu on the Taskbar.
- Select the Device Manager on the drop-down menu.
- Double click in the Display adapters option to increase the number of adapters available.
- Then, make a right-click to select the GPU card.
- Choose to update driver & Select Find drivers automatically.
- If an update is that is available on the GPU driver, it will automatically download and apply the upgrade.
- The process should be finished. Once completed you can reboot your PC to update the settings.
If there isn’t an update on your GPU card, you may visit the official website of your graphics card using the links below, and look up the model number of your graphics by hand. Make sure you install and download the most recent GPU driver to match your specific model according to the specifications of the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Nvidia GPU
- AMD GPU
- Intel GPU
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes corrupt or missing game files on your PC can cause you to be worried when the issue occurred when installing or updating the game. Follow this guideline to check the integrity of the game files, and then fix them in a timely manner. Launcher for games will attempt to correct the problem in the event that it is feasible.
Please note: Don’t run other heavy programs while you are using this method.
- Launch the Steam client. then Click on the Library.
- Click right-click to open CS:GO on the table of games installed.
- Select the Properties & Click on the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll need to wait for the procedure to be done.
- After that, you can restart your computer to apply the modifications.
5. Clear Steam Download Cache
There are times when it is likely that the Steam Download Cache is troubling you. It is better to remove this download cache out of the Steam launcher using the instructions in the following steps.
- Start your Steam client and click on Steam on the top left side.
- Go to Settings & Click on Downloads.
- Select “Clear Download Cache” at the lower left.
- Click “OK” to remove your download cache locally.
- After that, be sure you re-launch Steam and sign into the Steam account you created. Steam account.
- After that, you can launch The CS:GO game and look for the CSGO crashes issue when changing video settings, resolution or loading Maps.
6. Run CSGO in the Compatibility Mode
It appears this CSGO game isn’t equipped to run on Windows 10 or 11 version. Try running using the compatible mode of your computer following the steps listed below for earlier Windows versions.
- Launch your Steam client and click on the Library.
- Find and Right-click at the CSGO title.
- Choose Properties and then click on the Local Files tab.
- Select the Browse Local Files button for the game folder.
- Then, right-click on the CSGO.exe application & Select properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab. Click on the checkbox to Run the application in compatible mode to the checkbox to activate it.
- Choose Windows 7 or Windows 8 from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click Apply and after that, click Click OK to save your changes.
- Then, restart the PC to make the modifications.
7. Disable the Fullscreen Mode
Try disabling the fullscreen mode in your CSGO game that you are playing on your computer using the steps below.
- Launch your Steam client, then click the Library.
- Right-click on CSGO & Click on Manage.
- Simply click on the Browse Local Files & then go to the CSGO Installed folder.
- Right-click on CSGO.exe & Click on Properties.
- Click on your tab called Compatibility tab. Then, tick the Fullscreen optimizations disabled checkbox to turn it on.
- After that, click Apply and after that, click Click OK to save the changes.
8. Set Launch Options on Steam
A number of CS:GO players have mentioned that they’ve used the auto-config or safe mode in the CSGO game through Steam. This particular trick came to the aid of some players. You can, therefore, test this technique.
- Launch your Steam client, then click the Library.
- Click right-click in the game CS:GO game in to the right pane.
- Select Properties under the General section, navigate to the Launch options.
- Then, right-click on autoconfig and then click “OK.
- Start the game, and then check for the problem.
If this solution didn’t resolve the issue, ensure that you adhere to the same procedure and apply the safe option..
9. Clear Background Tasks
It is recommended to close all unneeded background processes running on your computer by following the steps in the following steps. It is recommended to look for non-essential third-party programs that you can manually clear.
- Use the keys Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys for opening Task Manager..
- Select the Processes tab and then check which process is consuming the most resources.
- Simply click on the specific process , then choose Stop Task to end it immediately.
- Be sure to follow the same procedure for each third-party app which is using more resources.
- After you have finished then close Task Manager and then reboot your PC.
Follow the same procedure for each process from a third party which isn’t necessary for you.
10. Disable Display Scaling and High DPI Settings
If none of the strategies did the trick, make sure you turn off display scaling as well as those with higher DPI options on your computer following the steps listed below. Windows Scaling feature basically increases or reduces the display of on-screen text or programs as well as other visual elements that are available to users. While turning off those higher DPI settings will decrease mouse cursor and pointstutters.
- Click on the Windows+I keys to start Windows Settings..
- Select Systems in the pane to your left and select Show.
- Click the Scale and Layout and then select Modify the size of apps, text and other items.
- Select 125% or percentage to adjust the size of the display items to your preferences. The default size is 100%. The default is 100%. the recommended size by default[ ]
If the issue with mouse lag persisting, make sure that you disable scaling using the steps below.
- Click right-click to open the CS Right-click on the CS Application & Select the Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Mark the disable scaling of display on the high-DPI checkbox to enable it.
- Click Apply and then click OK to save your changes.
- It’s supposed to fix the CSGO crashes when changing video Settings Resolution or loading maps.
That’s it, guys. We’re sure this guide has been useful to you to Fix CSGO Crashes When Changing Video Settings, Resolution, or Loading Maps. For any additional questions please leave a leave a comment below. For more information and guide about Games, check our website Gaming Section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts