How to fix COD Black Ops Cold War Crashing Error Code 0xc0000005
2020’s Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is among the most popular first-person shooter games within the COD franchise. It was created with Treyarch & Raven Software and released by Activision. Since the game has been for a few years, it is evident that the number of bugs and errors are very large. It’s worth noting this issue: COD Black Ops Cold War Crashing Error Code 0xc0000005 running on the PC is causing problems for many gamers.
If players try to play playing the COD Black Ops Cold War game, they’re receiving an error message which reads “Unfortunately the game has suddenly stopped functioning. A ‘Scan and Repair option could resolve the issue. If the problem persists, please reach out to the online support: https://support.activision.com/black-ops-cold-war – Error Code 0xC0000005 (0x0) N”. It is basically a reference to repairing the games that have been installed.
If you’re having the same issue with the COD Crashing error code that is 0xc0000005 (0x0) (0x0), on your PC when using this Battle.net client, there’s no have to be concerned about it. The game starts to crash with a black screen appearing for those who have been affected, the error message appears on the screen that can be uncomfortable. It’s important to note that not all users are affected by this issue, and in fact, the affected players aren’t in a position to correct the error through repairing and scanning game files.
What Causes Error Code 0xc0000005 in COD Black Ops Cold War?
It is possible to find many possible causes that could eventually cause the error code to occur within the Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War game for the PC version. For instance:
- It can be by corrupted or missing game files when installation or updating of the game your computer.
- A second issue is outdated or insufficient graphics drivers are another possibility for the crash or black screen problem. Therefore, having a current graphics driver installed on your system is crucial.
- It could also happen because of a corrupted cache that is associated with Battle.net. Battle.net launcher. It is recommended to clear the Battle.net cache from your computer.
- Sometimes, third-party applications may cause problems for the game to function in a proper manner. Closing background tasks could be useful.
- A clean boot may also remove the specific error in a few situations.
- A damaged game installation could cause a loss in the gaming experience. Try uninstalling and installing the game to fix the issue.
Fix: COD Black Ops Cold War Crashing Error Code 0xc0000005
A number of players have complained similar issues in the blackopscoldwar Forum on the subreddit. However, since affected players only receive this error message each time, you might want to try fixing the game’s file.
We’ve provided a few of workarounds that are possible from repairing and scanning that could help in resolving the problem. Therefore, with no further delay let’s get started.
1. Scan and Repair Game Files
The first step is to need to try scanning and repairing those Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War game files on your computer with the help of the procedure listed below. There are times when issues with missing or damaged game files on your computer could cause you to have a difficult time to properly launch the game.
- Open the File Explorer (Press the Win+E keys) on your PC.
- Go to the installed Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War game Data folder.
- You’ll now have to delete the EXE and IDX documents in the directory.
- Launch your Battle.net client on your computer.
- Select”COD: BOCWgame” COD BOCWgame > click on the OPTIONS (Gear icon).
- Next, click “Scan and Repair” Next, click on Scan and Repair. Then click Start Scan.
- You must wait for the verification process to be completed.
- After that after that, shut down the Battle.net launcher and then restart your computer.
2. Update COD: BOCW
It is highly recommended to look for game updates on your PC using the instructions below. If you’ve been using an old version of the game patch for some time, it’s likely that a bug has been causing trouble for you.
- Launch your Battle.net launcher & Click on the Blizzard logo located in the upper left corner.
- Go to Settings & Click on Game Install/Update.
- Scroll until the bottom. Click on Apply the latest updates and download the next patch data for games played recently to activate it.
- Then, click “Done to save the changes. Start Battle.net to allow Battle.net Launcher in order to save the changes.
- It will update the game to the most current version instantly.
3. Update Graphics Drivers
Also, you should check for the update of the graphics driver on your computer by following the steps listed below to make sure there isn’t an outdated GPU driver causing problems for you. A driver that is not up-to-date could be causing problems for the game’s launch in many instances.
- Use your Win + X keys to start The Quick Link Menu.
- Click on the Device Manager in the menu to start it.
- Double click to the Display adapters to expand it.
- Then, right click onto the specific graphics card you’re using.
- Choose “Update driver” and then select Automatically search in search of drivers.
- The system will be able to check for updates that are available.
- In the event that an update becomes released it will automatically upload and install the newest version.
- After that, make sure that you restart your computer to make the changes effective.
If there’s no update for the computer then ensure you go to the official website of the manufacturer for the card to download the most recent version manually. Look up the specific graphics card model with these hyperlinks.
- Nvidia GPU
- AMD GPU
- Intel GPU
4. Install Windows Updates
A dated Windows release or version may result in a number of issues with bugs and instability that users may not be expecting in the first place. It’s best to look for Windows updates by hand, following the steps below.
- Use your Windows + I keys to start Windows Settings..
- Go to Update and Security & select to check for updates in the Windows Update section.
- If an update is available, click the update and download it. Then install.
- It might take a while to finish the update.
- After that then restart your computer in order in order to download the latest update.
5. Close Background Processes
Background running tasks that are not necessary or applications can consume lots of system resources such as memory or CPU usage, which can seriously impact the performance of your system. This is why startup crashes or slow loading issues are quite common. It is easy to close all background tasks that are not needed. How to do this:
- Use on the Shift + Ctrl keys for opening Task Manager..
- Click in then the Processes tab.
- Select the specific task that you’d like to shut down. The task is running in the background and using up sufficient system resourcesto run the program
- Select the button “End Task” to close the process one at each step. Be sure to follow the identical procedures for every task.
- After that, you can restart your system to make modifications.
6. Perform a Clean Boot
It is likely that a clean reboot of your system can solve a variety of issues related to gaming performance and application. Certain applications or services might be running in the background, without being intended to do so from Windows system’s boot up. The apps or services they run consume many bandwidth, system resources and other resources that could eventually interfere with the performance of the foreground games or applications. Clean booting the system:
- Use on the Win+R keys to start the Run dialog box.
- Enter the command msconfig and press the Enter key for the system to be opened. Systems Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox by clicking on it.
- Next, click Disable all > Click On Apply and Click OK to save your changes.
- Go to the Startup tab & Click on Open Task Manager.
- It will open the task Manager interface will appear. Click on the Startup tab.
- Select the activity that’s impacting the performance (higher impact on startup).
- Click on the button to disable to disable it.
- Follow the same procedure for every program with more of a high impact on startup. You can also deactivate moderate or low-startup impact applications.
- Once you’ve done that you are done, restart your computer to take effect of the changes.
7. Clear Battle.net Cache Data
There is a chance that you will experience an error code Black Ops Cold War Error Code 0xc0000005 on your PC if there’s a damaged game file or if the Battle.net cache data is having an problem. Follow the steps below to clean the Battle.net cache on your system to resolve the issue.
- Close the Battle.net client and hit the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager..
- In the meantime, close the task of the Battle.net launcher in Task Manager.
- Use on the Win+R keys to start the Run dialog box.
- Input the program data %ProgramData% into the field and press the Enter key..
- Then, find then the Battle.net directory and click on Then, delete it.
- Once you’ve finished, relaunch Battle.net launcher to look for the problem.
8. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test
This error can result from an issue with your hardware such as damaged RAM. It is also important to run this Windows Memory Diagnostic Test manually by following the instructions below to ensure that there’s no issue with RAM in your system.
- Start your Start Menu and type in Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- You must open Windows Memory Diagnostic. Windows Memory Diagnostic troubleshooter using the results.
- Select Restart now and then check for issues (recommended) from the dialog box.
- Allow it to finish and then test your Black Ops Cold War game.
9. Uninstall and Reinstall COD: BOCW
If none of the strategies have worked, then be sure that you remove and install COD: Black Ops Cold War. COD: Black Ops Cold War game on your PC with the following steps listed below. It’s recommended to install the game to get rid of any possible glitches or files to avoid launching problems or errors.
- Start the Battle.net Launcher and choose “Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War from the left side.
- Choose Option menu on the left side. Option menu located on the left.
- Go to “Uninstall” Game & If you are prompted to confirm the process of uninstallation, click Yes.
- After that you are done, shut down the Battle.net launcher and restart the PC.
- After that, open the Battle.net launcher and start the installation of COD BOCW.
- Go to the Options menu, then choose the Modify option..
- Select the mode you wish to install, then choose “Confirm”.
- Then, click the Start Installation option Then, wait for it to finish.
10. Try Changing/Upgrading the RAM
As a bonus suggestion It is highly recommended to test replacing or upgrading the physical RAM of your system manually to determine whether the issue is bothering you. Sometimes , insufficient RAM space or uncompatible RAM can cause issues when running programs that are hardcore. It is recommended to use at the minimum of 8GB RAM to play games in the present. In other cases, you could use 16GB of more RAM on two sticks to ensure that it’s the most future-proof.
Above mention is the guide to fix COD Black Ops Cold War Crashing Error Code 0xc0000005. Hope this guide will help you, For more information and guide about Games, check our website Gaming Section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts