How to change the Username in Fortnite
If you hear on the internet about a cult free game and you want to test it out before necessarily committing to the game, your first thought is probably to come up with an unintentionally ridiculous username that nobody would ever actually want to choose to. If you do decide to join playing the game you may not be able to keep the name again. However, at least for Fortnite, there’s a straightforward procedure to correct your error. This is how you can change your username on Fortnite.
The name you display while playing Fortnite is largely dependent on the device that you’re playing on. If you’re playing on your mobile device or your home computer, the name you display will be what you’ve chosen as your account’s name in the account you have created on your Epic Games account. Although you cannot change the name on your account but you can change your display name of games that you play on the Epic account.
How to change the Username in Fortnite
For changing your user name on Fortnite To change your username, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings of your account in your account settings within the Epic Games app/platform and look for the display name under the General tab.
- Write whatever you’d like it to use in the box and click SAVE Changes.
This is a service that’s free however, once you’ve changed names, you’ll need to keep the name for a minimum of two weeks before being able to change it, so ensure that it’s something you’re happy with for a long time.
However, it’s different however in the case of playing Fortnite on an console. The most straightforward option to switch your username to would be the Nintendo Switch, as it utilizes exactly the same Epic Games account as you do on desktop and mobile devices You can also change it the exact manner.
If you’re playing with either a PlayStation or Xbox console, the display name will be that of your PSN username and Xbox Gamertag, or. Epic has no control over these and you’re able to alter them via the settings on your PSN and Xbox Live settings. If you do change the settings there, it will be changed over the entirety the games you play, and not only Fortnite. If it’s been a while since you changed names more than once before, you’ll need to pay a fee for changing your name.
If, at the time you began playing Fortnite on the console of your preference, you decided to play right away without registering an Epic Games account, you have to upgrade to an Epic Games account in order to get your display name. How to accomplish that, along with changing your online account’s ID on the other platform, PSN or Xbox will be provided below.
To upgrade an account with no name Epic Games account to a full Epic Games account, follow these steps:
- Visit the Epic Games website and verify that you’re signed out.
- Click SIGN IN.
- Click on the icon for the console or the platform you prefer. You will be taken to the platform’s site to sign in using your credentials.
- If the sign-in procedure is successful, you’ll be redirected on Epic Games, at which it is necessary to fill out all of the fields required and then select SAVE the changes.
To change your ID online to your PlayStation Network, follow these steps:
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Select ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT.
- Click ACCOUNT INFORMATION > PROFILE > ONLINE ID.
- Write whatever you’d like it to use in the box, then follow the on-screen prompts to save your modifications.
- You will be locked off from all devices, and you must sign in again using the updated details.
For changing your Xbox Gamertag, follow these steps:
- Press the XBOXbutton.
- Select MY PROFILE > CUSTOMIZE PROFILE.
- Enter whatever you’d like to be using in the box, then follow the on-screen prompts to save your modifications.
It’s the time to get your new ID to get some attention in Fortnite Island. Happy Hunting!
That’s it above we have mention the “How to change the Username in Fortnite”. For more information and guide about Lost Ark check our website, Fortnite Section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts.