Fix: Sniper Elite 5 Low FPS Drops on PC | Increase Performance
Sniper Elite 5 is a new third-person stealthy tactical shooter featuring enhanced kill-cam and sniping setting the industry standard. Rebellion Developments has done a excellent job in releasing the game in May 2022. It is an expansion of Sniper Elite 4. Following a recent update, many players have reported Sniper Elite 5 low FPS drops on their PCs and are looking to boost the performance.
If you’re experiencing the same issue with your computer that is causing frame rate dropping and stutters throughout the game, you’re not alone. It’s suggested to adhere to this troubleshooting tutorial in totality to quickly resolve the issue.
Fix Sniper Elite 5 Low FPS Drops on PC | Increase Performance
We’ve included all possible solutions below that could be useful to you. Follow the steps one at a time until the issue is resolved completely. Therefore, without wasting your time, let’s get into the problem.
Also Read: How to Register as VIP in GTA 5
1. Check System Requirements
The most common issues are compatibility issues. the specifications of your PC could cause problems with your PC specifications in any way. Therefore, we suggest that you review the game’s requirements for system and the specs of your PC prior to concluding anything. In this article, we’ve provided the recommended and minimum requirements for the game’s system.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Requires a 64-bit processor , and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processing: Intel Core CPU I3-8100 or similar
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics DirectX12 compatible GPU that has 4GB of VRAM
- Storage Up to 85 GB space available
- It requires a 64-bit processor as well as an operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor Intel the CPU Core I5-8400 or equivalent
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics DirectX12 compatible GPU that has 6GB of VRAM
- Storage 85 GB space
2. Update Graphics Drivers
It’s recommended that you check for the latest graphics driver updates on your PC to ensure games and other graphic-intensive software can be run correctly. To do so:
- Click on Start to display The Quick Access Menu.
- Choose the Device Manager in the menu.
- In the meantime, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the selection.
- Then make a right-click to select the graphics card’s name.
- Choose the Update Driver > Select to search automatically to find drivers.
- If there’s an update that is available, it will automatically upload and install the most recent version.
- After that, be sure that you restart your computer to alter the results.
You can also manually download the most recent version of the driver for graphics and install it on the official website of the manufacturer of your graphics card. Nvidia graphic card users are able to update their GeForce Experience application through this Nvidia official website. In addition, AMD graphics card users are able to visit AMD’s website for the same. AMD site to update their software.
3. Switch Between Display Modes
It is recommended to switch between fullscreen borderless and windowed bordered display modes , or to the reverse from the game’s settings menu. This will help the game files run smoothly based on the resolution of your screen and your PC’s specs. You may try it for yourself. Certain players affected gained by this.
Also Read: How to unlock The Iridescent Katana in Hitman 3
4. You can play this game in the role of an administrator.
It is recommended that you execute this Sniper Elite 5 game executable file with an administrator account to prevent control-related user account privilege issues. For this, follow these steps:
- Click right-click upon the Sniper Elite 5 shortcut file of the executable on your personal computer.
- Then, click Properties and then click to open the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure you click that run this application as administrator checkbox and mark it.
- Click Apply and then click the OK button to save the changes.
5. Close Background Running Tasks
Sometimes, unnecessary background processes or applications can use up more memory or CPU resources that can cause crashes, lags glitches, FPS drops, etc any issues at all. To achieve this:
- Use the Ctrl and Shift plus Escape keys to launch The Task Manager.
- Then, go to The tab for Processes tab. Then, click to choose tasks that are not needed to run in the background, and are consuming sufficient system resources.
- Simply click on the End Task button and close the window.. Follow the same procedure for all tasks that are not necessary one at a time.
- After that, you can restart your system to make modifications.
6. Stop Background Downloads
There’s a good chance the possibility that you’re trying downloads or additional game updates simultaneously whichever application you’re using. It’s best to pause or stop background downloads when you launch or playing Sniper Elite 5 game on the client. After you’ve completed your game it is possible to download additional games or install patches.
7. Switch to Auto Settings in Video
If you’re still not able to resolve the issue of frame loss, make sure you switch to auto settings when in video mode using the steps below.
- Use your Esc button on your keyboard to play the game.
- Go to the game’s settings menu, then click for video.
- Choose Automatic Settings and make sure you play again to confirm whether the frame slows down or lags are still visible or not.
- If the game’s lag or frame drops remain present, ensure you make sure to select all and then try to lower the video settings in the menu in game.
Also Read: Overwatch 2 Reinhardt guide – Tips, Strategies, and, Counters
8. Set High Performance in Power Options
If, for instance, you find that your Windows system is operating on the Balanced mode of Power Options that means the hardware and the system aren’t functioning at their maximum potential. To play at a high-speed it is possible to switch to High-Performance mode and get greater performance. But, the high-performance mode will use more battery when you’re playing on a laptop. How to do this:
- Select the Start Menu & Enter Control Panel and then select it from the search results.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound & Select Power Options.
- Choose High Performance to choose it.
- Close the browser and completely close your computer. To accomplish this, simply select the Start Menu & then go on to the Power tab & Close the Window.
- When your computer has been completely shut off, it is possible to restart the computer.
9. Contact Sniper Elite 5 Support
If none of these methods did the trick, make sure you contact Sniper Elite 5’s Support for assistance.
This is all you need to know about “How to Fix Sniper Elite 5 Low FPS Drops on PC and Increase performance”. For more information and guide, check our website Gaming section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts.