Fix: Fall Guys Authentication Failure / Network Error | Error Code 200_1040 / 200_001
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is an online battle royale video game developed by Mediatonic that allows up to 60 jellybean-charactered players to join in the matches against each other until the last character survives in the chaos. In addition to a few problems or bugs, it appears that a lot of Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout players are experiencing authentication failure / network Error or getting the Error Code 200_1040/200_001 when trying to join the game.
If you’ve been having the same issue for a long time, you must look at some of the solutions listed below to fix the issue. It is possible that you’re experiencing fall guys not functioning or issues with connectivity to the server due to server issues. If this is indeed the case, you’ll need to be patient and there’s nothing you can do more. But, some troubleshooting techniques can be useful in certain instances.
How to fix Fall Guys Authentication Failure / Network Error | Error Code 200_1040 / 200_001
If you’re constantly receiving the error message 200_1040 appearing on the Epic Games Launcher when playing Fall Guys that means there are some issues or bugs found in the game’s file. So, without wasting the time, let’s get into the game. It is also possible to look at our video tutorial on the identical.
1. Check Fall Guys Server Status
In the beginning, you must take a look at the Fall Guys The Ultimate Knockout Status via the official Fall Guys Server Owl Twitter page. If you notice an issue that is related to servers and other users are having the same issues waiting for a few hours, if not more. You may also visit this third party downDetector’s status website for real-time server updates as well as information about the last 24 hours as well as a live outage map and much more.
If there isn’t any server downtime or downtime in the moment, then you could follow the following procedure.
2. Update Network Driver
It is also recommended to make sure to update the driver for network connectivity on your PC to ensure that there is no problem with connectivity. How to do this:
- Use the Windows + the X keys together to start to the Quick Access Menu.
- Select the Device Manager > Double-click on Network adapters to increase the number of adapters available.
- Then, right-click on the active network device > select the Update Driver.
- Select Search for automatically-generated drivers > If there’s an update, it will instantly start downloading and installing the upgrade.
- Allow it to finish When it’s done, be sure you restart your computer to alter the effects instantly.
3. Flush DNS Cache
When you flush the DNS cache of your Windows system, you’ll be able to effortlessly remove any outdated or invalid cache entries from your system. This will also allow the system in obtaining new combinations and store them in the local cache. For this:
- Press the Windows + R keys to start the Run dialog box.
- Enter command and press Enter to start the Command Prompt. If you’re you are prompted by UAC then click “Yes to grant the permission.
- Enter the following command and press Enter to erase the IP address currently in use:
- Then, type the following command, then press the Enter key once more to ask for an IP address change from DHCP:
- After that, run your following commands to refresh IP entry on your PC:
- You’re done. Stop the prompt, and restart your computer to apply the modifications.
4. Reset Windows Sockets
Netsh is an command-line utility tool that is designed to help Windows users restore connectivity to the network on their PC. ‘Winsock’ means ‘Windows Sockets’. It’s a set or files that permit Windows applications to join the web as well as other computers. If you’re also receiving the ‘ERR_CONNECTION_RESET’ error on a web browser then you can follow this method. Reset it by:
- Press the Windows + R keys to start the Run dialog box.
- Enter command and press Enter to start the Command Prompt. If you’re you are prompted by UAC to accept the request, click “Yes” to grant the permission.
- Enter the following command and press Enter to reset the entire network stack of your PC:
netsh winsock reset
- After you have completed this, reboot your computer to make the changes and look the system for Fall Guys network errors.
5. Repair Game Files
If the game’s files are inaccessible or damaged due to unexpected reason on your computer You can follow the steps below to examine and repair the game’s data.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Select the three-dot icon right next to Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout..
- Click “Verify,” and it will begin to verify the game’s file. If there’s a problem with the game’s files it’ll attempt to fix the issue.
- Allow the process to be completed you can start your Epic Games Launcher to try again.
6. Change DNS Address
There is a good chance that your allocated DNS server address could be a bit faulty, and has been notified to you by an ISP (Internet Service Provider). If this is the case you could try changing your DNS servers address and make it one that is public. To do so:
- Use on the Windows + R shortcut keys on your keyboard to start the Run dialog box.
- Enter control, then press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet > Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Navigate to the Settings tab on your Connectivity to choose Ethernet Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or other depending on the device you’re using.
- Next, click the Properties then Click twice in Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP IPv4) to open a new window.
- Select Use the DNS server addresses below and then enter 188.8.131.52 as a preferred DNS Server.
- You’ll need input 184.108.40.206 as the alternative DNS server > click on the checkbox to Check the settings when you leaving.
- Click “OK” for confirmation of the change.. Launch Fall Guys. Launch the Fall Guys game now to verify the issue of logging in.
7. Contact Fall Guys Support
If you are unable to find a solution that works for you, you may try contact the Fall Guys Support for assistance. It is recommended to create an account with support to address this Fall Guys error code 200_001. It is expected that the developers look into this issue in depth.
Thats all about “How to fix Fall Guys Authentication Failure / Network Error | Error Code 200_1040 / 200_001. For more information and guide about the Games check our website’s, Gaming Section. Make sure don’t forget to like or follows us on our Twitter, Facebook page, and Instagram accounts.